The History of Readco Kurimoto

2021

New Logo and Website Refresh

2019

Continuous Hybrid Reactor Line Added

2012

Self-Contained Processor Line Added

2007

Acquired USDA 3-A Dairy certification

2006

Became Readco Kurimoto LLC

Became Readco Kurimoto LLC when bought by previous licensee Kurimoto Ltd.

 

2003

Moved to current location in Emigsville, PA

1996

Sold by Teledyne to the Pennsylvania Growth Fund

Sold by Teledyne to the Pennsylvania Growth Fund; became Readco Manufacturing. Product lines decreased to Continuous Processors, LabMasters, and Containerized Batch Mixers

 

1990

Purchased Tumble Blender Line from Lightnin Mixers

Purchased tumble blender line from Lightnin Mixers; these blenders were redesigned into our current product the Containerized Batch Mixer

 

1982

Manufacturing Refocused to Mixing Equipment

Manufacturing refocused to mixing equipment, welding manipulators, rollers, and other non-mixing lines begin to be phased out

PDF Booklet

1975

Product Line Expanded to Include High Intensity Mixers

Product line expanded to include high intensity mixers, continuous ribbon blenders, continuous processing conveyors, pellet mixers, and many others

 

PDF Booklet

1968

Bought by Teledyne becoming Teledyne Readco

1963

Renamed Read Corporation

Bought by local investors Renamed Read Corporation, development of Continuous Processor continues

 

 

1961

Patent for Continuous Processor filed and first one built

1959

Bought by Capital Products Corp. becoming Read Standard Corporation

1957

Acquired screw conveyor assets of Standard Stoker Co.

Acquired screw conveyor assets of Standard Stoker Co.; these would inspire the design of the Continuous Processor

1950

Production Shift to More Industrial Mixing Equipment

Production shift to more industrial mixing equipment, became a strong leader for the manufacturing of Sigma Blade Mixers and Ribbon Blenders

1946

Manufacturing Focus Returns to Commercial Bakery Equipment

1941

Engineering and Manufacturing of Portable Bakeries Begins

Engineering and manufacturing of portable bakeries begins, including mixers and overs to supply Army camps of up to 70,000 men

 

1938

War Contract with US Army

War contract with US Army for explosive powders and shells; first ever private contract

1929

Product Line Expansion

Product line expanded for the Chemical Industry, thus creating the Chemical Division

 

1921

Glen Rock Site destroyed in fire

1920

One of the world’s largest bakery machinery manufacturers

Becomes one of the world’s largest bakery machinery manufacturers; Builds 2nd plant in York, PA to handle increased production demand

 

1916

Ad in Bakers Review The Original Read Mixer

1906

Harry Read Founded The Read Machinery Co. Inc