Continuous Manufacturing Capabilities and Standards
Our equipment can help ensure compliance with strict industry standards and regulations, including FDA, USDA, ASME, and ASTM standards. While continuous manufacturing may require a higher initial investment, it offers a quick ROI with increased efficiency. It also improves traceability with the proper integrated controls monitoring each input.
We offer continuous manufacturing equipment for a wide range of applications in the nutraceutical and pharmaceutical industry, including:
- Cough drops
- Pharmaceutical pigments
- Food shellac
- Anti-microbial products
- Seaweed extraction
- Topical creams
Using our systems, our customers achieve consistent production without any batch-to-batch variations. They also benefit from just-in-time production, enclosed designs that are pharma-safe, and customized sanitary designs with specialty materials. In addition, customers experience fully automated production, with minimal maintenance which is essential for continuous production.
You can confidently produce pharmaceuticals and nutraceuticals of all types to the highest quality with our equipment. We will perform lab testing in our pilot plant using your materials to definitively prove that we will accurately manufacture the product to your precise specifications, with guaranteed scale up to production rates and a 100% success rate.
Continuous Manufacturing for Pharmaceuticals
Continuous manufacturing of pharmaceutical and nutraceutical products can often be achieved through dry mass granulation, which is a more efficient and effective means of mixing materials of high viscosity. Continuous chemical reactions also take place, facilitating the continuous devolatilization of high-viscosity materials. Through our controls partner, Melfi Technologies Inc., you can benefit from formula and recipe management, quality control, and the ability to track and trace production throughout the manufacturing process.
Benefits of Continuous Manufacturing
There are several key advantages of continuous manufacturing in the pharmaceutical industry, such as:
- Reduced manufacturing expenses in the long term through continuous 24/7 operations
- Reduced risk of human error through increased automation
- Shorter production times that decrease manufacturing times from weeks to days
- Improved overall product quality
- More efficient monitoring using automated monitoring techniques along with predictive maintenance
- Ideal for optimizing new products in the R&D stage due to FDA process qualification requirements
- Reduced material handling, leading to less labor and inventory to further reduce production costs and increase efficiency
- Less environmental impact because of reduced waste production and energy usage compared to other less sustainable manufacturing processes
- Immediate neutralization of catalysts and reactive agents to mitigate the risk of adverse reactions
- Real-time quality assurance via oversight systems as well as lot number tracking capabilities to maximize throughput and decrease scraping
- Availability in multiple machine sizes for minimal to extremely high production rates and R&D
Learn more about the products we’ve worked on by downloading our case studies.
Continuous Mixers from Readco Kurimoto, LLC
Continuous manufacturing is vital for both pharmaceutical and nutraceutical products of all types. At Readco Kurimoto, we offer a variety of continuous mixers for applications in the food, chemical, and pharmaceutical industries to facilitate the continuous production of many products. We can also provide customers with our Readco Continuous Processor, which offers superior homogenization and mixing to meet the needs of many pharmaceutical applications. Our processor has greatly enhanced products such as ointments, pill formulations, gels, and creams.
Want to learn more about our continuous manufacturing equipment? Check out our FAQ page.
Equipment suitable for this industry: